Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J. Maas










Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses - Book #1 ACOTAR Series - May 2015


You know how there are series of people who are like "You have to read this or else", this was one of those for me. I have had friends galore recommending this series and then this year I decided to do a 12 recommendations by 12 friends reading challenge and one of those 12 books was ACOTAR so here I am. I read it on Monday in one day and I have to admit, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. You see years ago, I was a big fantasy reader and then one day I woke up and couldn't read it - I felt like I had gotten fantasy burnout but now - I am back into this fantasy book rhythm and I have been enjoying them. I have to admit as I began reading this book, I was a little confused as if I had missed a chapter as it does jump straight into the story of Feyre - the youngest of three girls whose family is poor. She is the Katniss of the SJM ACOTAR universe, the hunter and the one providing for her family. When Feyre is off hunting, she shoots a wolf who turns out to be Fae. Tamlin -the Fae King of one of the kingdoms is angry and gives Feyre a choice - to die or live the rest of her life in the kingdom and never see her family again. She goes to the kingdom, but her heart is still with her family. However of course over time, things change as she starts to fall for Tamlin and becomes fast friends with Lucien and eventually frenemies with Rhysand whom you can see she has a Love/Hate Relationship. I felt this book had a strong Beauty and The Beast feel to it as we see a curse placed on Tamlin and his court that can only be broken by love. Overall, I did enjoy this and I am looking forward to reading and discovering the rest of the SJM universe of books as I also have her other two series to read.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3HnwbEO










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid