Review: The Sun Down Motel - Simone St. James








Review: The Sun Down Motel - Simone St. James - February 2020

I have to admit I didn't go into this book with expectations as I had tried one of hers earlier The Broken Girls and it was a DNF for me. This one though was the complete opposite as it was sooo good. It reminded me of the hints of paranormal with the ghosts of Riley Sager's books which I have enjoyed all of his. I have now added the rest of Simone St. James's books to my TBR List. The book starts in 1982 with a young Viv arriving in Fell and getting a job at the Sun Down Motel as the Night Clerk. The thing though is that this hotel is haunted and Viv has met a few of them including Betty who was one of four females murdered in Fell in the last few years. One night, Viv disappears and is never seen again. The book then jumps to years later - about 25 years and Viv's niece Carly has arrived in Fell, as she is determined to find out about the truth of what happened to her Aunty. She even gets a job at the motel as the current Night Clerk and starts to experience some of the similar things as her Aunt. With the help of a few new friends can Carly not only solve the disappearance of her Aunt but also the murders and discover who killed them or are there some people in the small town of Fell who are determined to let the skeletons lay doormant in the closet? Find out in this past/present timeline thriller that will have you trying to unpick the clues and solve the mystery for yourself. Last year, my author's backlist to clear was Riley Sager which I did and this year, I think my goal will be to read all of Simone St. James's books.  If you love missing person cases, weird small towns, and true crime, then you will love The Sun Down Motel by Simone St James


Amazon: https://amzn.to/41MgBvN







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid