Review: A Court of Mist and Fury - Sarah J. Maas





A Court of Thorns and Roses – Sarah J Maas | Much Ado About Books




Review: A Court of Mist and Fury - Book #2 ACOTAR Series - Sarah J. Maas - May 2016

After having all of Sarah J. Maas's books on my bookshelf and friends recommending them a bonus was that near the end of 2023, I started to get back into reading fantasy novels after quite a few years away from them. I made it my goal for 2024 to finally complete all her books as every year, I pick an author that I am determined to read all of their books. Last year was Riley Sager and this year it's Sarah J. Maas. I loved the first book and went into this one excited, however, my hopes were dashed as this book felt like a total flip of the script and the opposite of the first book. It left a lot of emotions and furious ones with me as lots of things frustrated me about this book. I also found this one a slog to get through and took me 3 days of reading at various times to finish it whereas the first one was read in 1 day. I also feel that, if I wasn't 100% determined to finish this series I would have adhered to my DNF rule and put this book down, but nope I persevered which was something I haven't done in years as I became more picky with what I read. This book starts with Feyre wrapped in cotton wool by Tamlin as hello, she died trying to save him and was resurrected and he wants to keep her safe. Sounds good right? Nope, Feyre wants to run straight back into danger and feel alive with adrenaline and it doesn't matter to her if she dies again. So what does she do, she goes and joins Tamlin's enemy's camp - Rhysand, and falls in love with him. Then Tamlin angrily attacks Rhysand and almost kills him and just as Rhysand tells Feyre he loves her and he's her mate. What does she do? She goes back to freaking Tamlin. Like seriously WTF Feyre? You selfish female, you are just as bad as Nesta and then you have Elain who is about to be married to a Fae-hating family, and then wham bam - guess what Elain you have been mated with Lucien - so do you pick your kind and be with the humans or are you going to join the fae world too? Despite my emotions and feelings, I am still going to continue with this series and the reading order I have which combines all three of her series, so the next one is A Court of Wings and Fury before hopping to the Throne of Glass series for the next handful of books and then back to ACOTAR and Crescent City Series.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3SzRFDJ





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid