Review: The Maid - Nita Prose









Review : The Maid - Book #1 Molly the Maid - Nita Prose - January 2022

I recently got sent Book #2 The Mystery Guest and so I figured it was about time that I got around and read the first book The Maid. It was amazing, such a great read as I felt myself instantly wanting more and I connected with Molly the Maid. Growing up in a family where the autism gene is quite strong, I got used to my mum and siblings being on the spectrum and I know I have a few traits myself. I think because Molly herself is a neurodivergent character, I was able to connect with the story more. I also did at times get frustrated with the detective as they should have seen or noticed something different and unique about Molly from the beginning instead of dragging her name through the mud. Molly's Nana was a maid and now Molly has been working for years as a maid and it's a job she is great at. The downside though is Molly is naive and taken advantage of so when one of the guests Mr. Black is found dead Molly discovers his body. She finds herself in the lead for prime suspect in his murder which of course she is innocent. I was so glad that Mr. Preston and his daughter Charlotte were able to help Molly and the fact that Juan did the right thing as I was so nervous that he wouldn't turn up and do the right thing for Molly, I was on the edge of my seat in that chapter. If you love closed-door mysteries and cozy novels, then you will love The Maid with its disability representation included. It also reminded me a little of the TV show Only Murders in the Building with Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez. I am now excited to get stuck into Book #2 so readers stay tuned for my review of The Mystery Guest as I cross my fingers and toes and hope it is just as great as this first book - The Maid by Nita Prose.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3TV396X







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid