Review: Binding 13 - Chloe Walsh (Boys of Tommen Series)












Review: Binding 13 - Book #1 Boys of Tommen Series - Chloe Walsh -July 2018

During this past week, I had a bus trip up to Auckland and so I decided since I had the bus ride, I would tackle Binding 13 which is a nice chunky read at 801 pages. As I got reading it though, I was surprised at how fast the book flowed and it reminded me of a book that I read over 10 years ago - Reasons to Breathe Series by Rebecca Donovan. The main female character Shannon reminded me of Rebecca Donovan's character Emma as they had similar upbringings and lives and both went through abusive situations. Shannon has been bullied her whole life and now finally has the chance to attend Tommen Academy, a private school. It looks like her life is finally looking up on the school front as she finally has friends and is fitting in with the popular crowd which is the Rugby team stars Johnny, Gibsie, and Pierce. Gibsie is her best friend Claire's bestie and Pierce is the on/off-again boyfriend of her friend Lisa. Johnny Kavanaugh is the main male lead and when he accidentally knocks over Shannon, he starts to feel protective of her, and eventually feelings of love surface. Though Shannon is not like the girls he has been around and when he sees Shannon - he sees sadness that he wants to heal. Can Shannon leave her toxic life and family and start a new one with Johnny, or will her father ruin it with one more beating that could end up killing her? This book brought up personal feelings as I had been in situations like Shannon with my own family and growing up missed out on experiencing a lot of things like parties, friend groups, etc as I had to work or I wasn't allowed to. Binding 13 also brought back good memories that I had of reading New Adult romance around the time it was initially published, books from authors like Abbi Glines, Molly McAdams, and Jessica Sorensen. I am now looking forward to reading the rest of the series as I have them all on my bookshelf.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/40aUYqg








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas