Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris




Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 11)
Synopsis : Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris - May 2011
I tried , I really did but for some reason which really astounded me as I have loved every other Sookie Stackhouse book including the Anthologies featuring Short Sookie Stories , I could not for the life of me get into Dead Reckoning , I even decided to give it two go's, so instead of the review I planned to give when I set out to read the book, I have a synopsis instead. I found for me , the novel was such a slow pace book and Im one of those readers who if Im not hooked in the first few pages , I normally give up but due to being a lifelong fan of Charlaine Harris's books , I tried and tried but alas no luck :(.
With her knack for being in trouble’s way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte’s, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is not known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. But Sookie suspects otherwise, and she and Sam work together to uncover the culprit – and the twisted motive for the attack.
But her attention is divided. Though she can’t “read” vampires, Sookie knows her lover, Eric Northman, and his “child” Pam well – and she realizes that they are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, she is drawn into the plot – which is much more complicated than she knows.
Caught up once again in the politics of the vampire world, Sookie will learn that she is as much of a pawn as any ordinary human – and that there is a new queen on the board . .

Comments

  1. Wow... you read through the whole series and couldn't read this book? I did only give it 3 1/2 stars but I made it though. There are only two books after this one so she was really wrapping things up. Hope you get through it someday!

    Angie
    XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Angie- I think I will leave it for a little while and then try again at a later date.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid