Review: The Lying Game - Sara Shepard


Looking for a new fun mystery teen series to read ? Are you a fan of Pretty Little Liars ?


The Lying Game
Review: The Lying Game - Sara Shepard- December 2010
As a fan of the hit series Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard, when I saw that she had released a new series called "The Lying Game", I knew I just had to read it and that when I did I would enjoy it and being the person I am I now can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series as I LOVED IT.
For those who have read Pretty Little Liars , you know what Sara's writing style is like with the whole "A" issue , in The Lying Game we meet foster girl Emma who has been kicked out of her latest foster home and when she discovers a girl who looks identical to her named Sutton living in Tuscon, Arizona , she sends her a message on facebook and when she recieves a reply back - she goes out to meet her , imagine the reunion of two long-lost siblings. However, this is where things get weird, as Sutton hasn't really appeared- throughout the novel she is like a ghost - does this mean she is dead and somebody wants Emma to replace her for now ?
The novel then goes on to surround a game known at the start only as "The L Game" , Emma finally discovers that it stands for The Lying Game - which is a game that Sutton created where the girls play pranks on others and the most dangerous and worst the pranks are , the higher points they score.
Was Sutton part of a prank gone wrong or did somebody really want her dead ? Emma soon discovers that the person who may have killed her is in her immediate group of friends - this part of the novel reminded me of a mix between Rosebush by Michelle Jaffee and Blood on my hands by Todd Strasser.
Can Emma continue playing the L Game in order to find out what happened to Sutton or will the same person who may have killed Sutton have Emma as their next victim ?
Find out in this awesome new teenage series brought to you by Pretty Little Liars extraordinaire Sara Shepard.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid