Review: The Fault in the Stars - John Green

 
Have you read John Green's The Fault in Our Stars? What was your view as if you thought it was a 5 star read and an OMGher book . Then I suggest that my review might not be to your likening and may offend you in parts . Please remember though , that I am being honest and have made this review not to come across negative about the book as that is not my intentions.
Review: The Fault in our Stars - John Green - January 2012
So, this is a book that I have had sitting on my Ipad for a while waiting to be read , luckily ebooks don't gather dust otherwise this one would have.  To be honest, I am not too sure why I took so long in reading it , was it because I'm not a huge John Green fan or maybe it was to do that it was a book about Cancer. I'm not too sure exactly what it was that took my time in reading it , but recently in a FB group that I belong to called BA which you have seen referenced in my reviews before. One of the girls there we shall call her S, had been pimping this book hard out and so I thought ok, I've got time to spare, I'm sitting on a bus with nothing to do and a lot of time on my hands so I cracked open my Ipad Bluefire App and started reading it and I did read it until the very last page and to be honest , I felt blah and disappointed at the same time as to me this was an average alright book, nothing great- no sad teary full on crying moments in which I had braced myself for. In fact, it was just another I have Cancer and I might die and I have friends with Cancer and they are sure to pass on as well , but what the hell life is short - so lets set ourselves up for disappointment and date. Another irritating thing was that they chatted about an Author in the book and they get a wish to see him, this perked me up a bit only to find out he's an alcoholic drunk and messed up man who couldn't even take time out of his precious life to be nice to his fans who had come all this way and even on top of that sick just to visit him.
So to me, The Fault in our Stars is a hit or miss read and if you do love John Green and reading about people with Cancer etc then this will be the book for you but if you are like me and have read lots of the same type of book - then I wouldn't personally waste the time.
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Αttraсtive section of cοntent. I just stumblеd upon
    yоur site and in accession сapitаl to assert that I get actually
    enjoyeԁ acсount уour blog ρoѕtѕ.
    Anywаy I will bе subscribing to
    your augment аnd even I achievement yοu access сonsіstеntly fast.


    Also visit my ωeblog: Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid