Review: Nowhere to Run - Nina D'Angelo

 

 
Today on the Phantom Paragrapher is a very special day as this is the day where I finally have recieved the chance to read and review Nina D'Angelo's new debut novel "Nowhere to Run". 
Due to below rating of the book , I need my readers to know that though I know Nina D'Angelo and have her as a close friend on Facebook. I am not being Bias, this is in fact an honest to god review as when It comes to books I am a fussy reader. If I can't get into a book in the first chapter- then stuff it, Im not continuing as there are so many wonderful other books to read and the second thing is I am a HUGE mystery/serial killer genre fan and therefore if a mystery or serial killer book is SLOW, not fast-paced, has no exciting murders in it - then I am out - the book is deemed boring in my eyes and again I move forth to something else.
 
 
Review: Nowhere to Run - Book #1 Stephanie Carovella Series - February 2013
OK, where to start as I would like to point out to readers when it comes to mystery books, I need action fast otherwise I get bored, I am not into the whole blah-blah-blah of explaining the details of the murder (forensics side) I need the gory details otherwise it loses my interest as Hello, Im the type of girl who watches Criminal Minds, Rizzoli and Isles, NCIS , CSI , Crossing Jordan, Tru Calling and of course Horror films etc.
The second thing I need is a great reason why the characters are being murdered, an awesome back-story - the best ones I have found to read are the reunion type stories where there is a whole "I Know What you Did Last Summer" feel , though in the case of Nowhere to Run - it had a "Valentine' feel - you know the film where David Boreanaz is stalking the chicks in a Valentine's Day theme ( one of my all-time fav movies).
The third thing I need is lots of twists and turns , something to keep me on my toes whilst reading the book - moments where I go OMG - is he the killer or OMG - how is she involved ?
To me Nowhere to Run by Nina D'Angelo provided all that and to say I was impressed would be an understatement. I was blown away as I had read snippets of the making - the WIPs but not the whole thing .
Nowhere to Run without giving too much of the story away as I so don't want to ruin it for others tells the story of Stephanie Carovella who has returned to LA for the murder of one of her best friends , it seems though that this murder wasn't a one-off and there are more to come and Stephanie and her friends aren't safe anymore. Who can they trust ? What happens when it seems that one of their own might very well be the killer ? Is it a Cat and mouse game for them all ?
Read Nowhere to Run as the group try to stay alive and one by one fall as they try to discover who the killer is ?
I so cannot wait to read Book #2 as if it is anywhere as good as Nowhere to Run then it will be amazing as we all know you can only get better :)
 

 
 
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid