Review: Barely Breathing - Rebecca Donovan



Do you enjoy discovering new Indie authors ?
Have you read "Reason to Breathe" ?
 
Review: Barely Breathing - Book #2 Breathing Series - Rebecca Donovan - May 2012

After reading Book #1 Reason to Breathe and experiencing the power that the novel sucked to the reader, I knew I had to continue to read the series and that no matter what way or how bad the novel got in term of Emma's life, I had to persevere and I have to say as a reader - I feel so sorry for Emma and I know that she is one who would hate pity but my heart aches for her as I read how she never gets a break which in some ways I can relate too. In Barely Breathing , we discover that the EVIL Carol has finally gone to prison and is where she belongs and Emma is out and about and has gone to live with her mother Rachel. This is a change of environment for Emma and soon it seems to fall into an old pattern when her mother gets drunk and starts verbally abusing Emma and blaming her for all of her problems. What will happen though when Rachel gets a new boyfriend who is closer to Emma's age and the pair start connecting on an emotional past level ? How will Emma get over her nightmares that are leaving her barely breathing every night ? As college nears and pressures start to build - what will happen to Emma and Evan , can their relationship stand strong or will family obligations pull them apart as Evan is threatened with being cut-off ?
Barely Breathing wasn't as powerful and emotional as Book #1 Reason to Breathe, but it did have sad parts and a bit of alcohol abuse and violence.
I now look forward to reading Book #3 Out of Breath and discovering how the story of Evan and Emma finishes.


 

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid