Hope Irving - Twice Upon a Time Book Spotlight


Twice Upon A Time (The Black Angel Book Series 1) by Hope Irving

Date of Publication: March 1, 2016

Blurb




Once upon a time, there was the wandering soul of Morgann, an 8th century Irish calligrapher-monk longing to be reunited with his soul mate. Deirdre was his forbidden love, a witch with whom he wrote a coveted book.
Under her spell, the souls of the star-crossed lovers travel from bodies to bodies until they find each other. Eventually.
That became his quest: unearth her new body and trigger her memory, for she is clueless about whom she once was. Unfortunately their story didn't get a chance to become a fairy tale yet it still turned out as a famous urban legend referred as The Black Angel Book.

Twice upon a time, not so long ago, there was me, rational and devastated Rose. I needed to get a grip, said my French mum after my year of numbness due to a painful break-up that led me to cut my wrist daily, to feel something, anything.
So she sent me off to the free-spirited village of Provincetown, Massachusetts, to spend the summer with my American relatives. And just like that, I wasn't myself any longer. Because someone pulled me out of the darkness and bewitched me, somehow.
I couldn't wait to jump his bones… but why was he holding back?
He couldn't wait to welcome me into his world… but was I ready to question my convictions and acknowledge that my self-inflicted cuts were now healing in record time?
How could I have imagined he was longing for his own unorthodox fairytale to come true? Frantically.

Available From


About Hope Irving


Hope Irving is the proud mother of a lovely and witty young lady, and the lucky wife of a loving and supportive husband. She's a debut indie author who lived in Paris, France, most of her life and also in the US, where she graduated with a master degree.
She loves Nutella and Camembert cheese (not together), carrot cake and cinnamon Altoids.
Her favorite fictional characters are Eric Northman (Sookie Stackhouse series, Charlaine Harris) and Sean Bateman (The Rules of Attraction, Bret Easton Ellis).

Find Hope Irving Online

Teaser

Centuries ago I was Morgann. Albeit I am neither immortal nor a supernatural creature of any kind, I am now an urban legend. For I am something else.
I am a soul that gained awareness of its existence; a wandering soul inhabiting various bodies throughout their mortal life.
A soul longing to be reunited with its soulmate.
Like the fairytale, you know, "Once upon a time…" And the rest of the story unfolds, sometimes with torments, but always with a happy ending. Only that is not how it turned out for us.
So maybe we should try another story line that would end better this time. Let's say, "Twice upon a time," maybe?
Anyway. This is what I am.
Centuries later, this soul eventually ended up in my body. Now I feel I can speak on Morgann's behalf, for I'm him and he's me. We're one.
Fearless and hopeful, when Morgann's body died, his soul began its journey. His body was no longer of use but his soul had lived on, intact, searching for her frantically. Her? Well, that would be Deirdre, a powerful medicine woman accused of being a witch.
Some witnessed my encounter with Deirdre and what followed, back when I was still Morgann. I, Morgann, a monk working on the now infamous Book of Kells. Witch or medicine woman, I couldn't care less because right from the start I had that gut feeling she was the one for me, even as I had simply stared at the river of shiny black hair falling down to her back. It was meant to be.
Kismet.
Yes, we were undeniably soulmates. Twist of fate? I have no idea but that was how connected our souls were and still are, somehow. What was Deirdre doing there that day in the monastery? I didn't dare ask. After that, I was already too involved to search for more explanation. My fate was sealed and so was hers. When we were introduced, we grasped at once that we were made for one another as long as we lived. Too bad we hadn't foreseen our time together would be shortened by greedy people. Hopefully she was resourceful and found a way to escape our fate.
Let me tell you about us.
What did we do wrong?
Well, when you're a monk, there is no such thing as falling in love and breaking the vows of celibacy but I did. When you're a medicine woman, there is no such thing as engaging in a passionate relationship with a man, and not just any man but a monk.
So the medicine woman was accused of being a witch for her medicine involved plants, charms and casting spells as well. Truth be told, she was a witch.
There was no doubt about it.
Hosted by:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid