Review: Only If You're Lucky - Stacy Willingham









Review: Only If You're Lucky - Stacy Willingham - January 2024

Today was the perfect weather for reading outside on my porch swing so I decided it was a great time to make a dent into my TBR physical pile and Stacy's book had been sitting there for about a month. I was a little nervous reading it as I hadn't enjoyed All the Dangerous Things. That was a DNF for me. Only If You're Lucky though caught my attention right from the beginning and I think it was mainly to do with the setting of the university housing and college-aged kids. This is one of my favorite themes in books. The book starts with their friend and roommate Lucy missing and Levi is dead. It then jumps back in time to the previous year when Margot is at Rutledge College and sitting on the grass with her roommate Maggie and Margot spots Lucy. She radiates and is the center of attention. She reminds Margot of her now-deceased friend Eliza. At the end of the first year, Lucy invites Margot to be their fourth roommate in her house along with Sloane and Nicole. Soon Margot is swept up into a world of drinking, friendships, and mayhem - what college is supposed to be about. She believes nothing can go wrong, that is until someone from her past turns up at college - Levi Butler. Margot blames Levi for the death of her friend, but it looks like Margot isn't the only one hiding secrets as everyone comes to college trying to shed their old selves create a new identity, and be a different person and Only If You're Lucky - can one make that new identity work without their past coming to bite them on the backside. As I enjoyed this one, I am now interested in checking out Stacy's other title A Flicker in the Dark.


Book Received in the January Book Shoppe Box - www.thebookshoppe.co.nz



Amazon: https://amzn.to/43DKBLc









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid