Review: Girl Abroad - Elle Kennedy







Review: Girl Abroad - Elle Kennedy - February 2024

Something that I started to implement last year to make a dent and clear my ever-growing TBR physical pile was that during the week, I would take print copies with me to work to read on my breaks and then on the weekends, go for ebooks. I had been excited to read Girl Abroad as I do love Elle Kennedy's writing and also the idea of a student exchange in the UK sounded fun. The book starts with Abbey Bly who is 19 and the daughter of a rockstar Gunner Bly heading to the UK for a student exchange- a year programme. Gunner knows what the world can be like as he is a troublemaker and an overprotective parent. Abbey advises him she will be ok and safe and sound. When Abbey first arrives, she realizes her first mistake - the apartment she thought was an all-female is made up of three guys - one gay and the other two are sexy hunks. She then meets their friends and one is a musician Nate whom Abbey also develops a crush on. Another storyline running through the book is an old painting Abbey found at an estate sale and she is determined to discover who it is as it relates loosely to a very wealthy family in the UK the current heir Ben has caught Abbey's eye as well. This is where I got a little frustrated with this book as it was like the first sign of freedom, Abbey chucks everything she knows out the window - and starts flirting with her flatmate, her new acquaintance's boyfriend, and the socialite. She goes from having no boyfriends to having her pick of guys and then two of them she strings along right till the very end.  I did however have to laugh at the second to last chapter where everything Abbey has done is about to come out to the open and the door won't stop ringing. This would have to be my favorite chapter of the book. Overall I did enjoy the read, but because of Abbey's sudden change of personality and decisions, it wasn't a huge favorite as often this is a pet hate of mine in books where the character goes from almost virginal to loosey-goosey and a bit of a slut. In saying this though, as I am an Elle Kennedy fan - it hasn't put me off her books and I will read anything released by this author.

Amazon:https://amzn.to/3VjMACc






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid