Review: A Court of Wings and Ruin - Sarah J. Maas



 
 
 ACOTAR Series Full 5 Book Set NEW Paperback by Sarah J. Maas, Paperback |  Pangobooks





Review: A Court of Wings and Ruin - Book #3 ACOTAR Series - Sarah J. Maas - May 2017

This series and author is one of my reading goals for 2024, I am aiming to complete all of her titles and I have been given from a fellow bookstagrammer, a reading order that combines all three of her series as some of them interweave and have crossovers of characters. In ACOWAR, I didn't go into this one with high expectations as unfortunately book #2 felt a bit of a slog reading for me. I got there but it wasn't a favourite, especially after reading the first book which was a 5-star read. This one, however, was a good read and more action-packed as the war with Hybern was coming up quickly and we read as some of the high courts of Prythian banded together to fight against Hybern - the evil human King.  Tamlin can go suck it as he's just a petulant fae who throws tantrums as Feyre wanted Rhysand and not him. I did love the fact that Lucian followed Feyre instead of staying with Tamlin and we also saw a glimpse of Lucian's parents I loved the twist of his father's line as it just made sense. The other thing was that all the creatures came together and fought for the Fae. Right up till Chapter 70, this book was a solid 4-star read but OMFG Chapter 71 - I got tears as the Prince of Merchants turned up and it was this moment onwards that changed the book from a 4-star to a 5-star read. Those last 100 pages of this book were just freaking amazing and tissues are required as I am not normally a crier in books, but this one even had me tearing up. A Court of Wings and Ruin has renewed my faith in continuing this series and Sarah J Maas's books. Next up in the reading order is the Throne of Glass series, so take a break from the ACOTAR world and read the TOG books, and then back to the last two ACOTAR books.

 Amazon: https://amzn.to/3Pt5yCX




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid