Review: Rowdy - Jay Crownover





September Reading List Day Fourteen: “Marked Men” Series by Jay Crownover |  Will Write For Boots



Review: Rowdy - Book #5 Marked Men Series - Jay Crownover - October 2014

Bus rides are great for reading, especially if you are like me and can read on a moving object. I was scrolling through my Kindle Paperwhite trying to decide what to read and thought I would take a walk down memory lane back into the world of Marked Men by Jay Crownover. I have read some of this series and her others years ago and loved them. These were the books of the world of New Adult Romance before the market got saturated with self-publishing. This was the beginning of a world where I found that books had just that something little extra about them. The book starts with the first # meeting of the two main characters Salem and Rowland aka Rowdy when Salem is 15/16 and Rowdy is 10/11 years old. Salem had to escape the small town and so she left behind her sister Poppy and Rowdy. Now years later, the two have ended up in the same place a tattoo studio called Marked Men run by Nash. Salem has been offered the role of helping manage the tattoo shop and has some ideas on how to make it better. Can Rowdy and Salem work together, or is Rowdy not ready to love again and have that love leave him as everyone he gets close to just leaves? I loved this series and just wanted to give Rowdy a big hug as there is brokenness but underneath you can tell he is a softie and a genuine nice guy that you just want to wrap in cotton wool and tell him, it's ok I am not going anywhere. I did love this book and it was great to be reunited with characters, I hadn't read in years.  I am also glad Salem stood up to her parents and put her dad in his spot like he deserved - the bastard. If you love tattooed men/ females, new adult romance, and a bit of grit and edginess - then you will love the Marked Men series by Jay Crownover. 

Amazon: https://amzn.to/49K4kLw




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid