Review: Woman on the Edge - Samantha M. Bailey








Review: Woman on the Edge - Samantha M. Bailey - November 2019

With the sun shining today, it felt like a lovely day to read outside on my porch swing. It felt invigorating as I opened my Libby App and read Samantha M. Bailey's 2019 release "Woman on the Edge". I didn't have a huge expectation, which I think helped me as I enjoyed this book. In the beginning, we meet two women Nikki and Morgan at the train station. Nikki gives Morgan her daughter Quinn and then jumps in front of a train. The book then jumps to before which is back when Nikki first discovered she was pregnant with Quinn. Nikki never wanted children, but now she is pregnant she is happy but worried at the same time. Even more so, when a threatening letter turns up from her past. Twenty years ago when Nikki was 17 years old, she worked as a nanny and her daughter Amanda died of SIDS. The mother Donna told Nikki she had killed her baby and sent notes. As Quinn is born, the notes increase and strange things are happening as it's like Amanda is haunting Nikki and someone is making her paranoid. She feels that she isn't safe anymore and feels a connection with a stranger - Morgan. Now Morgan whose life has been blown up due to Nikki, must try and figure out A) what caused Nikki to jump and who is framing her and wants to hurt little Quinn. Woman on The Edge was a great thriller and I didn't see the "killer" coming. I am still a little confused why it was that person as everyone else seemed to have motives, yet this person was almost like a "we will chuck it in and confuse the heck out of the readers". In saying that I am now looking forward to reading Samantha's new book A Friend in the Dark.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3xf8Z9U






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid