VBT# The Same Deep Water - Lisa Swallow



The Same Deep Water

Review: The Same Deep Water - Lisa Swallow - August 2015

Firstly, I want to say how amazing this book cover is - it is definitely going on my cover crushes list. The Same Deep Water by Lisa Swallow is set in the land down under , which I thought since I am from New Zealand - Australia is only across the ditch and I quite like reading australian based books that I would enjoy it more than I did , unfortunately for me the pace of The Same Deep Water is quite slow and I found it hard to get into and follow as my mind kept drifting away.  The Same Deep Water starts off with Phe , sitting on the edge of a cliff and we can only imagine that it's to jump off and commit suicide as that is the feel of the novel in the early pages. While sitting on the edge, she is interrupted by a guy called Guy who sees it as his destiny and fate to save her from herself and from the mistake she is about to make. Turns out that Guy has himself a bucket list and one of the things on his list is #to save a life and so now Phe has become his project. Guy encourages Phe to create a bucket list  as well , this part of the book got me thinking about my bucket list and the type of things that I would include on mine - often the save a life is a great one , but it is also a bucket list goal that often I have read/seen backfire on people. Over the course of the novel, Guy and Phe will join forces and leagues to complete the items on their bucket lists and for Phe, this journey is the one thing in life that will hopefully help her find out what she has been missing in order to find her complete self again.
 If you love emotional reads and don't mind a slower pace in your novels , then The Same Deep Water by Lisa Swallow is the book for you and while you are reading it, you can think about your bucket lists and whether or not you are at a stage where you could tick something off on that list.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid