Review: Fatal Fortune - Miranda Rijks








Review: Fatal Fortune - Book #1 Dr. Pippa Durant - Miranda Rijks - May 2019

This week, I had trouble with reading romances and felt in a thriller mood. Fatal Fortune was a book set in the UK where Leanne Smith has just won the big lottery. Her family is overjoyed, that is until she is found murdered with a photo lying on her body. The police post the photo thinking it is of Leanne but it is another local woman named Pippa Durant. Pippa is a psychiatrist and has started to lose business and her reputation because of this mistake. As the book goes along, Pippa is determined to find out what the connection is between Leanne and herself, but no one seems to be helping. Meanwhile, Leanne's daughter Donna is grieving her mother's death and her father Kevin has been arrested, but Donna knows he is innocent. I have to say I wasn't keen on the character Ricky and wondered if he had something to do with the death but the book takes on a different angle which left me going OMG and because of the way it ended, it made me enjoy this book more as without giving the spoiler away, I love this type of trope in books. The one thing I did hope for though was a bit more idea of what happened to Pippa's daughter as it was glossed over in this novel, all we know was that she vanished into thin air. Overall though, Fatal Fortune by Miranda Rijks was a good UK mystery which though slow-paced which they are known for didn't feel too slow which helped keep the reader interested. I am now looking forward to trying the other books by Miranda Rijks. I have to admit too after reading this book, it did get me thinking about what would I do if I won the lottery, what family would come out of the woodwork, and whether I would want the public to know. All big questions that have to be answered when you win.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/47q15Y2





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid