Review: The Reason is You - Sharla Lovelace



I know that society always tells us to "Never Judge a book by it's cover" , but it is so hard especially if you are a Cover person like myself. I picked up this book at the library solely because the cover looked interesting and it wasn't until I started reading it that I knew what it was about.
Review: The Reason is You - Sharla Lovelace - April 2012
Wow , this book was amazing. I have to admit I was a little wary as whether I would actually enjoy it or not as I picked it up because , shall I admit ...... I loved the cover. It wasn't until I read the first chapter and was introduced to them that I started to enjoy the story. The Reason is You follows the life of single mother Dani and her teenage daughter Riley, Dani has lost her job and now with nowhere else to go lugs Riley and herself back to her hometown of Bethany. Dani left Bethany as soon as she can due to one big issue that unfortunately followed her everywhere , she can see and speak to the dead and one in particular has always had her in knots- Alex. Dani has always wondered and hoped that the gift skipped Riley until she sees Riley talking to Alex and soon Dani will have to explain to Riley what's happening and what will start to follow. Dani hopes that life for Riley isn't what she experienced but when Riley starts to get harrassed , she will soon discover that her daughter does not back down to anyone. As the novel goes along , we also read as Dani and Alex's friendship increases and passions between the living and the dead start to spark. What happens though when Dani discovers the how Alex died and the true reason she feels so close to him ?  Will Dani feel betrayed when she discovers the truth of why she is in the living and not in the land of the dead ?
An amazing tale of romance and love in both the lands of the living and the dead and a tale of how strong family bonds can form when the going gets tough and there is no-one else to turn too.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for the stellar review!! I love that the cover is what drew you in...the art dept at Berkley is made up of geniuses in my opinion! I'm so glad you enjoyed this book, and your kind words mean so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid