Review: The Selection - Kiera Cass



Every year , there are certain books that are released , the ones that you are just literally dying to read and that you hold your breath for. For me , The Selection by Kiera Cass is one of those books that I just could not wait to read and as soon as I got it, everything else got pushed aside to read it from cover to cover. I heard some amazing news as well , that The Selection is going to be made into a TV Series by CW, so that's one more series to add to my to-watch list, but for now readers I bring you The Phantom Paragrapher's review of "The Selection" by Kiera Cass.

Review: The Selection - Book #1 Selection Series- Kiera Cass - April 2012
As soon as I saw this book , I knew I just had to read it . Everything from the gorgeous cover to the blurb and premise of the book drew me in, so I sat there and waited patiently and was lucky enough thanks to HarperCollins to get an ARC . The Selection in a sense had the dystopian feel and theme of The Chemical Garden Series by Lauren DeStefano mixed with an almost contemporary feel of First Date by Krista McGee. The Selection to me was almost like a Cinderella tale, where the Royal Family of Illea have announced that their son Prince Maxon must find a wife and how the Royal Family have gone about it is that their sent an application form to all the households with females over 16years , the applicants then had to drop the form off at their local post office along with a photo and from the thousands of applicants, thirty-five lucky females will be chosen to be part of The Selection and their goal is to win the Prince's heart and one of those lucky thirty-five will have the chance at becoming the next Queen of Illea . One of the chosen thirty-five is America Singer , she is still recuperating from a broken heart and as no interest in falling in love with the Prince but soon it comes apparent that her and the prince have more in common than they both realise. As the novel goes along , we read as girls are eliminated and America at times shows a bit of jealousy. What will happen though, when the guy who broke her heart Aspen shows up as one of the King's new Guards and of all the rooms to be assigned to , he has been assigned to her room. Will America realise that she is meant to be with Aspen or will she discover her true affections now lie with the Prince ?  Will America make it to the next round of girls as more and more are sent home ? I personally loved The Selection and I cannot wait to read the next book in the series, the only downside I found was that it finished quite abruptly with the cliffhanger.
Other than that , for me The Selection deserves a Highly Recommended and a 5P's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid