VBT# Reckless - Danielle Weiler





 
Review: Reckless - Danielle Weiler - August 2013

Have you ever struggled through a book and then find that it does pick up eventually , but it takes a bit more effort to get stuck into it ? This is what happened with Danielle's book "Reckless" as I started it and after the second page , it wasn't really me and I normally would have put it down and stopped reading it. However knowing it was a VBT# I thought Ok, I'll persevere with this one and in one way I am glad I did as after the first couple of chapters the book's pace does pick up. It made me think that maybe after the second chapter, the author found her mojo and started writing a great book. Reckless tells the story of Milly , whose twin brother has passed away - not coping with the death of her twin she has resorted to playing up and being well..... "Reckless". Her parents are at the end of their tethers with her so they send her to her Aunt's in a small country wop-wop place hoping that a change of scenery and people will straighten her out and change her ways. Give her hope and life to move on with her brother's death. As usual, with the New Adult books there is a guy and in Reckless the guy's name is Jerome , which has now given me a different image as I always assumed that Jerome tended to be a black character's name.  Like another trend with New Adult books, both characters are damaged - but can they help each other find their way back into reality and onto the straight and narrow paths ? 
Find out in Reckless by Danielle Weiler - good if you are wanting a New Adult Fix.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid