Review: By My Side - Theresa Troutman


This book had captured my attention as I had read one of her books from her series Love's Great Adventure and what appealed most was that this book was to be set in New Zealand and since I am from New Zealand, I enjoy books set here. The book starts over in America with Alicia discovering her cheating husband and then escaping over here to make a fresh start. She moves to Auckland where she has an IT job and moves next door to Tia, Hunter and Mick. What I liked about Alicia is that she is quite naive and this made her character funny and made her more relatable. As the book goes along we read as Hunter and Alicia start gaining great chemistry and though neither is officially ready for a relationship, they both seem to work great together and they get all hot and heavy. If you love Second Chance New Adult romances, then this is the book for you. The only thing I didn't like about this book was the language as being from New Zealand , I am used to how we do things here and our language. The author used phrases like Kia Ora as hello since the character next door was Maori and the word Pakeha and tribe. I know often it can be difficult for American writers to grasp the different cultural differences and language. Overall though it was only tiny things that unless you are from New Zealand, you wouldn't notice or pick up.  Honestly, if you are on the lookout for a lovely second chance at happiness and romance story then By My Side is the book for you.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid