Review: Compulsive - Lia Fairchild



As I write this review I am in two minds as I had high hopes for this book as I found the idea of a book written about compulsive liars fascinating as I have a family member who is one but as I started reading this book, it fell flat for me and I felt I wasn't grabbed as much as I had hoped. It started well, with the main character waking up in someone's bed and being called Sky and saying she was a Doctor and then had her friend Nathan pick her up and then from there it was a bit blaise. The book tells us about Gray Sky who is a compulsive liar and we read as the lies slip easily off her tongue and that she is attending therapy for this - which is where Dr. Daniel Harrison comes into the picture and he becomes a possible love interest. I had hoped that in this book, we could discover a bit more on why Gray was a compulsive liar but I found the whole book a bit too disjointed for my liking. In all though it was a good building of a connection between Daniel and Gray as she opens up to him about her past and some hidden truths for once. The author had a great premise and if you do love edgy novels, then you will find this one gritty but if you are in for a easy ride type book , then Compulsive is not for you as readers - prepare for a rollercoaster ride as you read through the pages of Compulsive by Lia Fairchild.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid