Review: Twinsequence - Jennifer Foor


Twinsequences (Twisted Twin, #1)

Review: Twinsequences - Book #1 Twisted Twin - Jennifer Foor - July 2013

Once upon a time there were two twin girls -Ivy and Willow , they did everything together and they cared about each other. Right up till their senior year at high school when Willow fell in love with Stoshua and instead of taking Willow to prom which she dreamed of, he took Ivy and started dating her. This broke Willow's heart ,eventually Ivy and Willow went their separate ways and Ivy married Stoshua.  Four years later, Ivy rings Willow and says she needs her help and that she has to pretend to be her for a couple of days. This reminded me of the Lying Game with Sutton and Emma. Turns out though that this is a major ploy and really that Ivy is a manipulative and conniving cow and that what Willow has believed her whole life was a lie and that Ivy is pyschotic and so begins a dark twisted tale of sibling hate and manipulation to ruin everything Willow has made of herself and to turn everyone against her and of course since more often than not people always believe the dramatic compulsive liar type person as they are charming , people take Ivy's side and make Willow the bad girl in the picture. Can Willow finally stand up for herself and bring Ivy down a few notches or will she cower and let Ivy ruin her life once and for all ? In a way I found this book a little hard to read especially the second half as I found it written a bit disjointed for my liking but parts of it unfortunately reminded me of my family and what I have been through with siblings and how in some cases due to jealousy, I was made to look like the bad person in the scenario. I think it's due to personal experience and being around people who are  sociopaths and have psychopathic tendencies made me enjoy this book a  bit more than I probably would have if I hadn't any knowledge of the above.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid