Review: Known - Kendra Elliot



Known (Bone Secrets, #5)

Review; Known - Book #5 Bone Secrets Series - Kendra Elliot - January 2016


I have to admit when it comes to mysteries, Kendra Elliot is one of my go-to authors as I normally love her books, but this one I wasn't feeling it overall. It just felt like too many secrets and unanswered questions for me and things were left hanging a bit. The novel starts with Chris out having some time alone in his cabin whilst his son Brian is at Disneyland with his grandparents. During his stay, he comes across a crashed SUV stuck in the snow - inside is a mother/daughter duo, Gianna and Violet Trask. Chris learns that they fled their cabin as it caught fire and later we discover Gianna was also drugged. Was the fire deliberate or an accident? Upon re-checking the cabin, we learn that there is the smell of burned flesh and things start to get a bit more suspenseful. During this time, the roads are closed as well due to a really bad snowstorm and car crash. Over the next course of the novel, more dead bodies will pile up and it looks like Gianna is the target but we aren't sure what for exactly. For me, when we discovered the reason behind the target on Gianna's back and the events surrounding everything it felt a tad weak for me. I had hoped we would read more about Chris's experience with the GhostMan as that sounded more fascinating. If you are in the mood for romantic suspense and wish to reunite with the characters of the Bone Secrets series, then check out Book #5 - Known, if not then I am on borderline in the mindset of giving this one a miss.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid