Review: Bitter Pill - Stacey Kade


Bitter Pill

Review: Bitter Pill - Stacey Kade - October 2013


I have to admit this book, I wasn't 100% sure what to expect as this was me trying to clear my old books off my kindle and the few Stacey Kade I had read previously I had enjoyed and were YA books. Also with this cover, I had assumed it was an angsty YA read and possibly had to do with drugs /suicide with the title but I was wrong and proves not to assume about a book due to it's cover. Bitter Pill by Stacey Kade turned out to be a cozy mystery where we meet divorcee Rennie Harlow whom seems to attract dead bodies as she has a knack for finding them. In a way Rennie reminded me of Lori Loughlin's character in the Hallmark Mysteries series - Garage Sale Mystery. The book starts with her going to pick up her mum's presciption only to find the Doctor dead. This leads her to another encounter with the Sheriff whom Rennie knew from high school. There is definitely chemistry between the pair, the downside is that the sheriff is married and has a daughter. I do hope in future books that the pair might be able to end up together. Bitter Pill follows the adventures of Rennie helping the sheriff solve the crime but as they get deeper, it soon turns out that they may unravel a bigger mess that has many people in the town on edge and if Rennie isn't careful, she may find herself the next victim as there are people out there who will kill to keep their secrets hidden rather than the exposing that Rennie will do if they come to light .
If you are on the lookout for a cozy mystery, then check out Stacey Kade's Bitter Pill which unlike the saying , the book is an easy swallow.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid