Review: Graveyard Girls - 1,2,3,4 - I Declare a Thumb War - Lisi Harrison







1-2-3-4, I Declare a Thumb War (Graveyard Girls)

Review: 1,2,3,4 I Declare a Thumb War - Book #1 Graveyard Girls - Lisi Harrison and Daniel Kraus - September 2022

Now and again, I do like to give children's books a read and this junior chapter book captured my attention because when I was in my mid to late teens, I first discovered Lisi Harrison with her series The Clique and enjoyed it. It was like a tween version of Gossip Girl or Pretty Little Liars without the suspense side. Then a few years later Lisi Harrison released a series called Monster High which I also enjoyed reading and so when I saw Graveyard Girls - it was a no-brainer choice for me. Graveyard Girls reminded me of a series I used to read when I was younger - 10-11 years old called The Sleepover Club by Rose Impey mixed with Ann Brashares's series Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants.  This group of friends Whisper, Frannie, Sophie, Gemma, and newest recruit Zuzu are five friends who love scary stories and take turns whoever is hosting to share a scary tale and then rate it. In this book, the title refers to Whisper's story when pushed her dark side comes out. Also, the overall storyline of this book is Silas Hoke, a murderer who was killed and now haunts the town looking for victims. I enjoyed this book and it was a fun Halloween read, the other thing I loved was that each page had beautiful purple inside around the edges like purple smoke, and a little skull and tombstone to announce each chapter.  If you love scary stories and looking for a tween read, check out Lisi Harrison's and Daniel Kraus's new series Graveyard Girls.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3U5BLzV











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid