Review: Sharkbait - Erin Mallon





Sharkbait (Natural History, #3)

Review: Sharkbait - Book #3 Natural History Museum Series - Erin Mallon - September 2022

I am in two minds about this book as the previous two in this series I absolutely loved so much and I have never laughed so hard in a book. That's why I was so over the moon excited to read Sharkbait but it just wasn't as good in my opinion. It's amazing how the main character can make or break the book, as Louise our Marine biologist who by the way hates water and can't swim, was just too much of a cold character for me and I found her irritating as she felt like those cold logical people who have sticks up their butt. It's like seriously, how can you be friends with Mabel and Calliope and be Ralph's sister when you act like this? You have all the love around you, seriously you even had a one-night stand - so freaking loosen up. There were parts of her character I did like, especially the jeopardy and her waking up from surgery. The rest though, she was like a wet soggy blanket. I feel for myself if it wasn't for the humour from the other characters like Calliope and Ralph, Mabel and Wally, and James and Iris- then the book would have fallen flat for me. The character I would love to see a book of is Iris - as long as she doesn't lose her sass as an adult, she is hilarious and awesome for a young girl.
Overall, it was a good read and worth being reunited with the previous characters, I just felt the side characters carried this book rather than Louise and James. I am now looking forward to what else Erin Mallon brings to the table.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3S5vZN8








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid