Review: Win - Harlan Coben






Win (Windsor Horne Lockwood III, #1)

Review: Win - Book #1 Windsor Horne Lockwood III Series - Harlan Coben - March 2021

This particular book I have had to read this for a while now, just over a year. I was so excited when it was released as I love Harlan Coben, but then I was too scared to read it as what if it disappointed? I finally got around to reading it and I am again split in my decision. It was a good read and gave us a deeper insight into Win's family life as we knew he was wealthy and a bit of a lone wolf from previous stories with Myron Bolitar. It was also great to see where he is now. I also love how the book was a past/present theme with The Jane Street Six. This was an awesome twist to the story and seeing where they are now or discovering the truth of what happened to the characters back then. The part that I didn't like was the fact that without Myron - Win just isn't as good and quirky. I know he always liked to give this lone wolf attitude, but I felt this book was lacking because we don't have the strong chemistry that the bromance had. These two worked as they complimented each other and without each other, Win's character just fell flat for me. I also didn't like the new lawyer Sadie as she was all attitude and you are ruining my career. It's like HELLO, he is a vigilante and he got Teddy off the streets and he even died almost doing it, give him some credit. She just didn't understand poor Win and how his mind worked.  It was good though to see Win interacting more with his daughter as she is a mix of Win's personality and the OMG twist with his cousin and uncle's family was surprising. I am interested to see if we do get more Win stories and fingers crossed, we get some Myron cameos as that would be awesome.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3T2IIl3




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid