Review: Flawed - Cecelia Ahern



Flawed (Flawed, #1) 

Review: Flawed - Book #1 Flawed Series - Cecelia Ahern - March 2016

I have always been a fan of Cecelia Ahern's earlier books , but her last couple of Chick-lit and Women's Fiction I haven't been able to get into . So when I saw this one come in to the library, I wanted to read it but I was a bit skeptical about it. I liked the premise of the book as I am a fan of Dystopian and future societies and with Cecelia Ahern writing it , I thought why not and I gave it a go. I was surprised as I enjoyed it and found myself reading through the pages quite quickly. I couldn't put it down as I needed to know what Celestine would do with the future that was now ahead of her. In Celestine's part of the world, they live in a community in which you are to remain perfect and if you make one tiny step out of that line you are deemed to be Flawed and will be judged and then branded for your particular flaw. Celestine has always followed the rules, until one day she sees an old man who reminds her of her Grandad suffering and Celestine stands up for him when no-one else will. Normally this would be alright , but the old man is one of the "flawed" . A nobody - a disease to this perfect world. By helping him Celestine has committed a crime and made a flaw in her judgement.  She is to be sentenced and recieve a branding - the thing is Celestine is not going to go down without a fight and she has supporters backing her - she just wishes that those she loved cared as well. As Celestine stands up for what she believes in, can she help prove to the society - that the ones making the rules are the "flawed" and not the ones supposedly breaking them ? That no-one can be perfect all the time ? 
As I moved through page after page, the story dragged me in and in parts I actually felt my eyes tearing as emotions were brought to the surface.  I don't normally cry in books or even tear as such unless the story is powerful in emotions and I found Flawed to be such a book. 
If you love Dystopian Novels and Futuristic Rule-Following societies mixed with the understanding of Apartheid as Flawed also features a strong theme of separation instead of races you have Perfection Vs Flawed. Then Flawed by Cecelia Ahern is one book that you must add to your reading lists for 2016.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid