Review: The Castle School (For Troubled Girls) - Alyssa Sheinmel




 
The Castle School (for Troubled Girls)



Review: The Castle School ( For Troubled Girls) - Alyssa Sheinmel - March 2021

Recently Moria's best friend Nathan died and ever since then she has been living life in a trance and heading down a downwards spiral as in her mind since Nathan isn't here to enjoy life, then why should she as to her it feels like everything she does in life including making new friends is a betrayal to Nathan. Her parents are at their wit's end and have decided to send her to a boarding school called "The Castle School " Each semester the school picks 12 girls that they think they can help from all walks of life but each of them, their parents are at their wit's end. At the school, Moira will soon adjust to the way of life, and one night she hears music and along with her roommate Eleanor who is in for self-harm, they discover a school just like there but for 12 boys. This Castle School though seems like a happier and freerer version than their one but soon they will learn that things are not always as they seem. If you are looking for an edgy read that has a heavy focus on Mental Health and other issues then check out The Castle School (For Troubled Girls) by Alyssa Sheinmel. I love these books as I am a big fan of edgy fiction as I have always found Mental Health books fascinating and this was the second book I have read from Alyssa Sheinmel that has featured Mental Health issues. One of the diseases that was mentioned in this book - trichotillomania ( obsessive hair pulling)  touched me on a personal level as I suffered from this from aged 7 - 11 years old. It got so bad for me that I didn't even know I was doing it and I would wake up and have clumps of hair on my pillow in the morning, during this too when I was 7+, I went through a stage where I told my parents that I didn't want to live anymore - so Mei's issues I could fully understand and recognize.


Amazon Link
:   https://amzn.to/35ssHgW















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid