Review: Mr .D. - Alta Hensley









Mr. D (Black Mountain Academy)

Review: Mr. D - #Black Mountain Academy Series - Alta Hensley - October 2020

I had been very excited to start this book as it had captured my attention from the simple three words "Black Mountain Academy". Anything that has been set in a boarding school or a high school scenario is one of my favorite book tropes. The other thing which drew me to this book was the author as I am a fan of Alta Hensley's dark romance writing. Mr. D started with our main female heroine Corrine moving to Black Mountain and attending Black Mountain Academy and we are presented with the fact that she has what looks like a stalker. This isn't surprising coming from a rich and wealthy celebrity family.  The stalker has caused her to be late one too many times to school where the new principal Mr.D is starting to be concerned. Even more so, when he can't get ahold of her mother and then he says it with his own eyes. This has him offering Corrine to come and stay with him, which of course you can see where this will lead. Mr.D finally gets ahold of Corrine's mother and then the novel has an amazing OMFG twist which I did not see coming and was like Woah seriously WTF. I was in two minds how the book ended as in one way it was like manipulation in a way but the other was I know it has to end this way as it is a HEA story.  I am now looking forward to checking out the other books in the Black Mountain Academy series. Black Mountain Academy is High School for the Rich and Wealthy, Dark, Sexy, and Forbidden.


Amazon Link : https://amzn.to/3dTP0zZ





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid