Review: Defy - LJ Shen ( Sinners of Saint Series)








Review: Defy - Book #0.5 Sinners of Saint Series - LJ Shen - January 2017

I have to admit I wasn't sure what I would be getting with this book, but I had heard lots about LJ Shen and her titles. I wasn't too impressed with this one, but I haven't let that sour my opinion of her. I think it was just the wrong one of her books for me to start with. I was in the mood for a quick read and was gifted this book in an Elfster book exchange. it was also the perfect size for a quick read being a novella. Defy is the start of a Bullymance-type Elite Boys series where a group of boys aka Sinners of Saint rule the school and get away with everything. In this one it is a case of forbidden love with the student Jaimie first blackmailing his teacher Melody into a forbidden romance and then as the book goes on, we learn that Melody went along with it to stick it to Jaimie's mother who is her boss as the school principal. Of course, we all know that these stories don't flow with an HEA but they do end in a HEA as Melody and Jaimie are caught and consequences occur. If you are in the mood for a smutty, instalove teacher/student romance that reminded me of Madison Faye's Winchester Academy series. I am now though looking forward to reading her others and hoping they hit the spot more than Defy which for me was a borderline 3Ps read.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3LxBljC





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

A Love Letter From Emily White - Author