Review: The Do-Over - Lynn Painter



Valentine's Day | Definition, History, & Traditions | Britannica



Review: The Do-Over - Lynn Painter - November 2022

To clear my print bookshelf, I have been trying the last year to read more paperbacks as I had about a 2-year stint where I only read ebooks. This one was given to me as a bookstagram gift and it is the third book by Lynn Painter, I have read.  I have read one of her adult books and two YA reads now and I have to admit, I think I am more suited to Lynn's YA reads than her adult ones. There is just something about the YA ones that gives me happy and good vibes and a bit of reminiscing feel-good moments. One of my favorite themes in books is Groundhog Day, the re-living of a day over and over again until one day you get it right and finally can move on with your future. The Do-Over by Lynn Painter is Groundhog Day but set on Valentine's Day. We meet our female character Emilie, who has on paper the perfect boyfriend but she is about to discover that IRL he might not be the perfect guy for her as her Valentine's Day ends up one terrible mess from a car crash to catching her boyfriend cheating on her, losing her place at a summer fellowship and then to top off her awful day she discovers her dad’s family is moving to Texas. All Emilie wants to do is curl up in a ball cry herself to sleep and forget this day ever happened. Of course, she wakes up the next day and the next and for most of the book has to relive her day over and over again. That is until one day, she says F-it and lives life with no consequences along with her classmate and the guy she crashes her car into Nick. However, will this one day with no consequences be her last or will she be stuck in this never-ending Valentine's Day cycle forever? The Do-Over was a very cutesy read and one of those books that remind readers of the late 90s/ early 2000s romantic comedy chick flick movies. I am now looking forward to reading Lynn Painter's other YA novels.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/4cxdCfb






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

A Love Letter From Emily White - Author