Review: Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas










Review: Heir of Fire - Book #3 Throne of Glass Series - Sarah J. Maas - September 2014

Every year, I try and make it my goal to read at least one author's complete booklist, and this year as I stood staring at my bookshelf and seeing that I had almost all of Sarah J Maas's books, I picked her. This is also an author that I had been meaning to read for at least 10+ years as well, I just never got around to her books as when she first came out. I had been in a bit of a fantasy burnout stage as it was the end of the vampire era for me. So far I have read the first three ACOTAR books and now the first three TOG books and I am saying I am more Team ACOTAR than TOG, though this series could grow on me. Heir of Fire was a chunky read and has left me this week with a book slump as I haven't started a book since Tuesday night when I finished this one. I think it was because of the size, it took a lot out of me energy-wise. In Heir of Fire we read as Celaena headed to see Queen Maeve who we discovered was her aunt and surprise,  Celaena is a lost princess named Aelin and heir to the throne. Meanwhile, back home, Chaol and Dorian are trying to cope with  Celaena's leaving and the rebels and looks like they have on their side Celeana's cousin. I have to admit the ending of this book in terms of her cousin annoyed me as I wanted a reunion similar at least to when Arya came back to Winterfell in Game of Thrones and reunited with what family she had left. In Heir of Fire, Celaena as Elentiya ( new name) learns to shapeshift and harness her fae magic and we learn as a child her parents called her "Fireheart". In Heir of Fire, there is also a side story of the different clans of witches coming together and learning to fly wyverns and preparing themselves to be part of the King's army, which I assume we read more about in later books. I have to admit after reading about the wyverns in Heir of Fire, it has made me want to finally get around to reading Rebecca Yarros's series Fourth Wing which I have both books sitting on my bookshelf as well. The trouble with too many books and not enough time. Next up for me is The Assassin's Blade, so stay tuned readers as I continue on my 2024 challenge reading Sarah J. Maas and her books.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3SgI70G





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

A Love Letter From Emily White - Author