Review: The Midnight Feast - Lucy Foley







Review : The Midnight Feast - Lucy Foley - June 2024

When it comes to Lucy Foley's books, in the past I have loved the premise of her stories as it happens to be one of my favorite tropes, but I have felt that they have fallen flat for me and ended up being DNFs. So when it came to The Midnight Feast, again it was my favorite trope but I went into it with not high expectations and I found myself, though it was a bit on the slower pace side, I did enjoy the story. The book starts with a brand new "Healthy" elites retreat being built in this small town with a wilderness feel to it after the owner Frankie has inherited the land from her grandfather.  It is opening weekend and all goes off with a bang, that is until tragedy strikes the next day aka "The Day After Solstice". There is fire and death and a whole lot of secrets being forced out into the open as a few of the guests had their agendas for coming to the retreat and it all starts back to "fifteen years ago" and a tragedy that happened in their smalltown that for a few people involved caused a ripple effect. As the story went along, I did love the piecing of the characters together and seeing how everyone fitted in with the story. Overall the story did answer a few questions for me, but I did feel a couple were left unanswered - one in particular for me was "Is Beth's daughter Grace's father Jake Walker"? I assumed it was but it is left unanswered for readers.  If you love revenge-based stories, past/present timelines, and books like The Writer's Retreat by Julia Bartz and Ten by Gretchen McNeil, then you will enjoy Lucy Foley's The Midnight Feast.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3RYnbeK





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

A Love Letter From Emily White - Author