Nightingale by David Farland



Ready for an action packed book ? Something out of this world ?
Synopsis :Nightingale - David Farland - 2012
Bron Jones was abandoned as a newborn. Thrown into foster care,he is rejected by one family after another, until he meets Olivia, a gifted and devoted high-school teacher who recognizes him for what he really is--what her people call a "nightingale".
But Bron isn't ready to learn the truth. There are secrets that have been hidden from mankind for hundreds of thousands of years, secrets that should remain hidden. Some things are too dangerous to know.
Bron's secret may be the most dangerous of all
.
My views :
WOW , I definitely did not see this coming as I recieved an enhanced copy of the book on my Ipad, it shows how far technology has come from a print to an ebook to this. The book was filled with not only the pages of the story, but videos by David Farland , places where you could comment with others about the book - think "Fleur Beale's Juno of Taris" with the blogging comments , music playing and for those lovers of graphic novels - it even included graphic comic strips throughout the story. I have to say personally for me , if I was reading the book I would have preferred maybe the blogging comments or the graphic novels but for me having everything included made the book feel too busy and trying to read the enhanced version for somebody who loves to read was very overwhelming, which is why unfortunately I lost interest in the book halfway through. There was just too much going on , however I think though for those who have a lack of co-ordination or loss of co-ordination and cannot read a book holding it or they have a short attention span and need something that can keep them entertained and busy then this is perfect as working in the library as a Childrens and Teens Librarian, I can imagine a few of our customers in that section enjoying it.

Comments

  1. Yes, for those who want to just read, the images aren't too distracting, but you can simply bypass any video links and check them out later, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid