Review: The Jewels of Manhattan - Carmen Reid



Are you a fan of Carmen Reid's Chicklit novels ? Have you followed like myself her Annie Valentine Trilogy - Personal Shopper series ?
Get ready for her new book "The Jewels of Manhattan".
Review: The Jewels of Manhattan - Carmen Reid - November 2011
After reading Carmen Reid's Annie Valentine series about Personal Shopping, I knew I loved her books. However, I'm not sure what it is but I've been going through a reading slump when it comes to certain books and the library in my opinion hasn't had many great books out there to read lately. So when I took The Jewels of Manhattan home , I didn't exactly know what to expect but as I started it OMG I was hooked from the first page and definitely could not put down. The Jewels of Manhattan was fast-paced, thrilling with robberies galore and kept your heart racing in places as you sit back and try and think about the characters and the people they encounter and of course the amounts of trouble that they seem to attract.
The Jewels of Manhattan features three sisters Amber, Sapphire and Em Jewel, all three sisters moved from their Texas Ranch to New York to be somebody. Amber moved to become an Asset Manager and help pay the mortgage of her family's ranch in Texas , Sapphire loves antiques and jewellery and got a job working in an jewellery auction house and Em wanted to be a singer/actress and ended up a waitress by day, actress by night.  When tragedy strikes the family, Amber loses her job and Em quits and something is up with Sapphire's new boyfriend Fergus - Em comes up with a plan to steal the Duchess of Windsor Jewels and sell them in a plan to become rich and fast. What follows next is a humourous chick lit novel as we read what happens next when Em has the jewels , this part of the novel made me laugh as it sounded so outrageous but in a way was actually pretty realistic. The Jewels of Manhattan would have to be one of the best Chick Lit Books that I have read in a long time.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid