Review: Flawless - Lara Chapman

Have you ever thought how great it would be if you were perfect , if you were flawless ?
Get ready to check out "Flawless" by Lara Chapman
Review: Flawless - Lara Chapman - May 2011
OMG , I loved this book so much . I didn't think that it would have the effect on me that it did , I wasn't sure what the book was going to be about but once I got started I was hooked and then with the last few chapters and by the time I had finished the book , I actually had tears in my eyes and I HARDLY ever cry in books , movies I do but never really books and especially not in Teen books lol. But Flawless brought tears to my eyes.
The book starts with two best friends Sarah and Kristen and of course a new hunky guy named Rockford aka Rock Conway.  He is not only gorgeous and handsome but he is also smart and intelligent and of course the perfect gentleman. When Kristen sets her eyes on him , Sarah always the best friend takes a step back though she liked him too. The next part reminded me of the book "The Julian Game" by Adele Griffin when Kristen asks Sarah to write to Rock pretending to be her , as this goes on though Sarah is finding herself fall more in love with Rock as he is definitely more perfect for her than Kristen. Throughout the novel Flawless , we read as Sarah continually questions the factor of Loyalty and how far one can go to remain loyal and when has loyalty gone too far that one loses it's own morals and self-worth. The other issue in which the title stems from is the fact that we learn Sarah has a big nose - a nose that is out of place on her face, one that is so big -people stop and stare. In Flawless , we read as Sarah tosses and turns with the issue of her appearance and self-esteem. This part of the book reminded me of "The North of Beautiful" by Justina Chen Hedley in which the main character had a port wine birthmark over the side of her face.  In the last chapter we read as Sarah reads out an essay she wrote on Loyalty and the consequences of what she did are revealed.
Flawless is one of those books that I highly recommend all to read and even if it isn't the type of book that you normally read - you must.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid