Review: Simon Says - T.L Osborn


Simon Says

Review: Simon Says - Book #1 Childhood Games Series - T.L Osborn - June 2018



#Disclaimer
- This review does not contain bias and is my honest opinion of the book solely and does not represent my relationship as BFF with the author Terri Lee Osborn.

I have to admit firstly, that I had been scared to read this book as I have had it since before the release date in June. For me, this book represents years of work and back and forth conversations between the author and me. I knew the characters in snippets and parts of their lives. As I started reading it, I went into the book like any other office romance story, and I loved it. I got to see parts that we had talked about, and I felt as I was reading the book that I knew the characters and it was like seeing family members come to life. The other thing that got me and made me smile was that the author set the book in New Zealand - specifically Wellington and Upper Hutt and included landmarks like the Upper Hutt library which I could envision the layout of and it felt like I was watching Aria check out her library books at the issue desk. The chemistry between the characters was great too, and I am glad Suzanne - Simon's mum got her Karma as she was a nasty piece of work. How dare she !! then again we know what some mother-in-laws can be like. Reading the published version too as well as the draft - I liked the changes that had been made to the manuscript and believed that they suited the story better and produced a more romantic tale of love between Simon and Aria and don't forget the cutie Charlotte.  I am now looking forward to seeing what the future brings in terms for books by T.L Osborn as I know so far she has two more up her sleeves in the Childhood Games series.  This is a debut romance novel that will have you adding a new New Zealand author to your must-read lists.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid