VBT# Eight Goodbyes - Christine Brae



Eight Goodbyes


Review: Eight Goodbyes - Christine Brae - September 2018

Before I start the review, I have to comment on the cover model was chosen - which I rarely ever do but for this book, there's just something about the cover model and his emotions, facial expressions that made me want to read the book and also made me worry that it was going to be one heck of an emotional ride. I loved this book, for those who don't know me, when it comes to true love and soulmates and fate and destiny - I soak it all up. The book starts off with a chance meeting on an airplane in seats 7A and 7C for Tessa and Simon. From the beginning, there is a connection and chemistry. The two of them though live busy lives which have them either traveling all over the world or holed up somewhere - an office for Tessa and a lab for Simon. This was the first goodbye. Over the next course of the novel, the pair strikes up a friendship which turns to long-distance relationship status and eventually seven goodbyes. The last goodbye was heartbreaking and was based on real events that occurred - the shooting of the restaurant in Paris. This part had my emotions flaring up as I was like nooooooooo, you can't do this to me. Then the book jumps to a few years later and we finally get a happy moment and a Yes moment, only to have our hearts stop beating as we await the outcomes in anticipation of what will happen next with our eighth goodbye. This is a book that will tug at your heartstrings in places but at the same time have you feeling frustrated at the characters especially Tessa. Eight Goodbyes is a book that is just as beautiful and captivating as it's cover.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid