Review: Scandalous Beat - Michelle Mankin

Image result for Scandalous Beat

Scandalous Beat (Tempest, #6; Black Cat Records, #9)

Review: Scandalous Beat - Book #6 Tempest Series - Michelle Mankin - November 2017

I was in the mood for a rockstar novel and what better one to read than Michelle Mankin's latest in the Tempest series. Scandalous Beat is King's story aka Juaquin and how he fell in love with Miriam - Bryan's little sister.  I have to admit I was a little confused at first since Miriam was talking about Lace being with Warren etc. and I was like wait a minute, isn't Warren with the actress and Lace with Bryan but all is made clear when we discover that Miriam hasn't been in the loop for years with her brother's friends and band. Years ago, Miriam's life went downhill, and now she has made her living working in Vegas as a dancer in a nightclub and being a tutor to the daughter of a mobster. Juaquin is in Las Vegas with his cousin when he runs into Miriam after being invited to the club she is working at. The pair never stopped loving one another, and they are both quite intense and heated people so their relationship is bound to be as strong and hot and definitely emotions run high when they are together. Will having Juaquin back in her life, be the push Miriam needs to be set free and reunite with her family? After reading this, I did love the characters, but for me, I have to admit my heart still belongs to Sager Reed. One thing which I didn't realize but I loved was the fact that in the author's notes, Michelle mentions that the females are all based on Imperfect Disney Princesses, and as I read this and thought about all the female leads it made sense, and I loved this added feature. The other thing that I loved and if you have read other books by Michelle Mankin is the brief crossover of series from Charles in the Finding Me series to Dirt Dogs etc. in the Rock Star, Surf and Second Chance Series and Raven and King's scene in RFC.
Scandalous Beat was another awesome book, and I am now looking forward to the upcoming release of the new book Oceanside.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid