Review: Fourth Grave Beneath my Feet - Darynda Jones

 
 
 
Have you been following the Dazzling Darynda Jones and her Charley Davidspn series ?
Get ready for Book #4 "Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet"
Review: Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet - Book #4 Charley Davidson Series - October 30 2012
Have you ever waited and waited in anticipation for a book and then as soon as you get it , you automatically set yourself into stealth mode to devour and eat the book up only to find yourself, instead of full and satisfied - half-empty and a tad disappointed . That was my feeling when I read Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet as I loved and when I say loved , I mean LOVED the first three books in this series that as soon as I had finished book #3 I promptly went and placed Book #4 on my Amazon wishlist and have been counting down the days until its arrival two days ago, which for me meant I got it today . It felt great to be reunited with all your favourite characters of Reyes, Charley, Cookie, Amber , Angel , Rocket, Strawberry and Blue and of course Charley's forever silent stand in the corner Mr. Wong. In Fourth Grave Beneath my Feet we meet Charley's Aunt Lillian who died round the time of her birth smoking acid as she was a hippie and we discover that while we have been waiting for books Charley has become addicted to the home shopping channel and been moping as when we last read , she was being tortued by Earl Walker - Reye's earthly Dad.  Charley is back in business but this time not without discovering that she has Demons that are out to get her too and our good friend Swopes who landed in Hell as part of a NDE has an unfriendly message about the "real truth" of why Reyes is back . With only one case to solve, can Charley put her focus into the case as client Harper believes someone is trying to kill her and when the police don't believe her , it's up to Charley to get to the bottom of it.
Book #4 is still a great read for fans of the Charley Davidson series and if you are like me and been following the series then it is a book you won't want to miss but unfortunately in terms of story itself, I found it a bit slow paced and all over the place - too busy plotwise for me.
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid