Review: The Elementals - Francesca Lia Block


 
Wanting a book that is outside of your normal reading likes ?
Check out Francesca Lia Block's latest book.
Review: The Elementals - Francesca Lia Block - October 2012
Have you ever read a novel that you thought was so weird and even when you have finished reading it , you are still at a loss ? The Elementals did this too me , as a voracious and plentiful reader I have read almost 500 books this year alone and ALOT of books in my lifetime. Normally if I get a book that I cant get into or read I put it down and move on as there are so many other good books in the world to read  but The Elementals was one of those books and I have to say ONE of the few books that had me captivated as well as utterly confused. What drew me to the book was first the title as I thought hmm  - a magic story about a group of teens who can do something with the elements like start fires or control water etc and then reading the back I discovered that the story had a mystery aspect as the main character Ariel's friend Jeni went missing from Berkley Campus a year ago and now Ariel has enrolled herself one year later at Berkely University to discover what happened to her friend.  Her journey will take her through a series of different friendships and relations with others until she meets an odd group of people called "The Elementals". For me personally I'm not too sure about them as they were the confusing part of the story for me but as we get along the story will Ariel find Jeni or discover what happened to her so that Ariel can finally rest knowing that it has been solved or will her search end up in tatters as no leads appear but odd notations that she can't turn into proof and evidence ?
This book I think you will either like it or not and is completely about personal likes as I finished it , it is getting a review but because in a way I am still baffled by it the book will only recieve 3 P's.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid