Review: Elizabeth The First Wife - Lian Dolan



Are you a Shakespeare Fan ?
Love reading ChickLit novels that touch on Literature Heroes?
 
Review: Elizabeth the First Wife - Lian Dolan- May 2013

Are you a fan of Shakespeare ? Love books within books ? 
When I first picked up Elizabeth the First Wife , I expected a book about a politician's wife as they are often called "The First Wives" but as soon as I got into it, I discovered it was about a small-town professor named Elizabeth who taught community college Shakespeare and English Lit.  That's when I knew I would enjoy it and as I read more into the book , I loved it as the story tells us about Elizabeth whose ex-husband returns home with a favour for Elizabeth - to help be his Shakespeare acting coach on a new play at the Ashland Park Shakespeare festival. This would be an easy task if her ex-husband was a nobody or an average Joe, but he is in fact FX Fahey - the Hollywood action star. If the pressure to help him wasn't enough, Elizabeth is stuck on her current book proposal - a Look at Shakespeare and Love in the Modern Society. Can her journey of accompanying FX , help re-ignite her passion of Shakespeare and re-discover love ? Without giving too much away, Elizabeth the First Wife is a wonderful book that all those who hold even the slightest candle for William Shakespeare and his plays will cherish and enjoy thoroughly. Another of my favourite parts of this book which makes it stand out from just another fiction book was the fact it contained excerpts from the book Elizabeth is writing throughout the novel to separate the chapters.


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid