The Phantom Paragrapher Turns 3 :)

 
The Phantom Paragrapher Turns 3.
 
Today is a Special Day for The Phantom Paragrapher as it turns 3 Years Old :)
It's hard to believe that it has been three years since I created this blog, what started off as a place to review library books within six months turned into a site that I was receiving emails from publishers and authors all around the world asking me : Paula Phillips to review their books for them WOW. For the first few years it was like Christmas to me as books would constantly turn up and it surprised me to see where they had come from. I will always remember the day I got my first book from Macedonia.

A lot has changed over the past three years for me as I learnt not only how to make my blog more appealing and creative with borders and a funky template but also added ratings to the books , updated and added pages etc.  I remember when I first started I was busy updating and posting every single day and then I started to feel burnt out so I cut back and now update it when I can - still quite regularly but I no longer feel pressured.
 
As a book blogger , I have had my fair share of struggles from Nasty authors who thought I was taking too long to review their books and decided on sending me hate mail and posting abusive Facebook messages to the point I actually had to block them. I have had an author send me a page long email about why I should not have put their book into a certain category. The Book was Robin Hood, Zombie Slayer and at the time of review, the theme of Monster mash-ups with classics were all the rage from Pride and Prejudice and Zombies to Mansfield Park and Mummies . I had put the book into that category and boy, the next day I received a page long email from the author about how wrong I was to put it in that category. I have even had a nasty troll commenter on Amazon, telling me I either must lie about how many books I have reviewed on there or B) I must only be reviewing them with the idea of getting something for it as no normal person can possibly read the amount I do and get no compensation .
 
However, despite the bad stuff that has happened . Being The Phantom Paragrapher has brought some amazing and wonderful opportunities to me from striking up relationships with fabulous authors  To making new friends I have a long list on my facebook page of great people I have met.
In saying that though, there are a few people I would love to thank for helping me get out the word of The Phantom Paragrapher and for being there when I needed a boost of encouragement , support and just to talk about whatever.
 
 
* Nina D'Angelo
*Lee Murray
*Karly Lane
*Natasha Newby
*Jeremy De Laroche Souvestre.
 
 
 
 



 
 



































\

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid