Review: Every Missing Girl - Leanne Kale Sparks







Review: Every Missing Girl - Book #2 Kendall Beck Series - Leanne Kale Sparks - February 2023

So, this book was one of those that I forgot I had gotten from Netgalley and ended up reading it on my phone with the Libby library App as it sounded like a good book. Every Missing Girl by Leanne Kale Sparks was a good mystery thriller overall. There were parts that I felt the novel did get a tad too busy especially when we had the overlap of the two incidents from the initial grocery store shooting and the kidnapped little girl and then later on Detective Adam Taylor's niece Frankie going missing.  I felt that the story tried to chuck the two cases and blend them in to work together, but it just felt too busy and somewhere in the mix - the jump between the two cases made the original one feel lost, and then when we do find out the reason why Frankie vanished, it was like a whole new storyline and then that ending was not what I had expected as often with mystery thrillers readers get a happy ending and some sort of resolve. This one had resolved but not the happy ending we expect, which in some cases made this one a bit more real as not all missing children cases end in happily ever after and reunions. So, if this is a trigger for you, then I would not read this book. In a way, the ending slightly reminded me of One Year Later by Avery Bishop and how I felt when I finished reading that book, except of course the timeline was shorter for Frankie's parents.  However, in saying that, this was an easy book to read and did keep my interest and I am now looking forward to going back and reading Book 1 of the Kendell Beck Series by Leanne Kale Sparks.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3Mpdjbz








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid