Review: Happy Place - Emily Henry

The Book Shoppe Blog


NZ based Book Box Subscription Service | The Book Shoppe




Review: Happy Place - Emily Henry - April 2023

Back in March, I discovered a New Zealand Book Subscription Box called The Book Shoppe, and each month, you get a book and then a few wrapped-up gifts to go with it. When you get to a certain page, you can unwrap the particular gift and it is associated with something on that particular page. May's book which is the third book I have received was Happy Place by Emily Henry. This was the first of her books I have read, I do have her others still but had heard rave reviews from the author and people raving about this book. You know how books that get raved about, can make you start to worry as you build up this high expectation in your head and the reality often doesn't meet the fantasy, I tried not to do that with this one as I wanted to enjoy and embrace the reading experience as with The Book Shoppe it's an interactive one.  Happy Place for me was what I would call a middle read where I could take it or leave it, it wasn't what I would rave about to the high heavens. I guess for me something that frustrates me in books and real life is when people not only play games with one another, they don't communicate and tell each other how they are feeling if they did, they would save themselves a lot of butthurt like Harriet and Wyn ended up feeling. This book is focused around a group of friends from college who have gotten back together one last time in the summer cottage - Harriet's happy place before it's sold. The thing is that they have invited Wyn along to spend time with Harriet, the truth is though they broke up six months ago and haven't spoken to one another or seen each other.  It seems though that this coming week they will have to play nice so as not to ruin their friend's bachelor/bachelorette week as who wants a sad sack couple when preparing for a fun-filled week and upcoming nuptials? Can the Happy Place work its magic and help bring Harriet and Wyn back together or will they discover that they are better off apart in their new lives? Find out in Emily Henry's newest release "Happy Place".


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3IKIeNg





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid