Review: How I'll Kill You - Ren DeStefano








Review: How I'll Kill You - Ren DeStefano - March 2023


During the peak of the dystopian genre, one of my favourite authors was Lauren DeStefano with her Chemical Garden Series, imagine my surprise when I discovered she had written a thriller under the name Ren DeStefano. I knew then and there that I had to read it and more likely than not, I would enjoy it. This was a fun edgy thriller to read as we meet three identical triplets who were abandoned as newborns and grew up in the foster system. Now that they have aged out, they are living together. The three though have a deep dark secret, they are serial killers. Their targets are mostly men who have been caught in their web. It began when one of the sisters Iris, her affair ended breaking her heart to the point of despair. Now the girls do the breaking and in this case, it means killing, before they can be hurt. How it works is the girls take turns picking a poor sod to be their one true love, reel him in, and then wham bam - a murder he's dead. That is until their latest mark which is Sissy's turn and she ends up falling in love with him and can't bear to take the next step of murder.  Can Sissy spare the latest mark's life or will her sisters step in when she proves incompetent in following through their motto is if one goes down, they all fall. All for one and One for all. Move over the Three Musketeers and make way for the Killer Triplets.
This was a fun read and reminded me a little of The Teen Killers Club by Lily Sparks and the Wicked series by Kelly Charron.  If you love YA murderers, then check out How I'll Kill You by Ren DeStefano today.


Amazon: https://amzn.to/3AXIe8m






 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid