New Feature- Book News #1


Hey Readers, Iv'e decided to start up a new feature on my blog called Book News - What it is are bits and bobs of excerpts, new books etc that I come across on the web and wish to share with all you lovely readers out there.

And Then Things Fall Apart

*Book #1 - And then Things Fall Apart - Arlaina Tibensky - July 2011
A Letter From the Author:
Dear You,
There is nothing funny about Sylvia Plath, divorce, betrayal, or virginity. Unless you are a 15-year-old girl with the chicken pox named Karina (Keek for short). And are stuck in bed at your grandma’s house without a computer, cell phone, cable and/or your boyfriend. And you use an old typewriter to basically talk to yourself and figure everything out. And Then Things Are Often Humorous, but still, you are heartbroken and itchy and will hopefully find a way through the tricky maze of adolescence before the pox scars fade and your mother comes back and/or sophomore year starts.
I know you don’t know me or anything but I really would like you to know that maybe if we were teenagers at the same time, we might have been friends. And I’d also like you to know that when I was 15 in my real actual pre-author life, I got the chicken pox and was very into Sylvia Plath. And Then Things Fall Apart is about a very funny girl who is very sad. And angry. And confused. And itchy. It is not about me but it is a very authentic story about the complicated emotional life of one particular teen girl. She loves her boyfriend. She hates her dad. She writes poetry and loves great fiction. She might actually be just like you . . . perhaps it’s time you two met!

Xxoo, Arlaina Tibensky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Punk 57 - Penelope Douglas

Review: Steel Princess - Rina Kent

Review: Dr. Strange Beard - Penny Reid